Monday, October 3, 2011

interview with my mom

Me: What has been the most rewarding thing about watching your daughters grow up?
Mom: Seeing you two succeed on your own merits and getting to witness you two grow into your own  skin. I consider myself lucky that I got two good girls. No one ended up pregnant or arrested, thank God.

Me: You have to admit I am the better daughter though.
Mom: I will not say that.

Me: I'll take that you agree with the above statement.
Mom: Shut up, Emily.

Me: Fine, is there anything you wish you could go back and change?
Mom: Hm, tough one. I'm clearly the perfect mom so I'm not the problem (laughs). But if I could tell you back in 8th grade that trying to look gothic is not cool but instead dumb as hell, I would have.

Me: Why didn't you? You could have saved me from some seriously awful middle school pictures.
Mom: You had to learn that looking and acting a fool is just not you.

Me: Such wise words.
Mom: I'm your mom, I know all.

No comments:

Post a Comment